Mushrooms of the Pacific Northwest
Version 2.2 Download for Hard Drive
Page last Updated November 1, 2016
Download Beta Program for Mac Now
This is our first attempt to provide a program for Mac Users. In our limited testing so far, it works as expected apart from some minor features listed below. It uses open source WINE software plus WineBottler, which packages your app and WINE up in one little bundle to make it a one-step process. Please send feedback, including suggestions on clear instructions for different devices, and potential problems, to Ian Gibson at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Where MatchMaker instructions say to use the Delete key, use the F1 key instead.
Where MatchMaker instructions say to use the Insert key, use the F2 key instead.
(A Delete key has a different function on a Mac from its function on a PC.)
- WARNING October 2016 CURRENTLY MATCHMAKER DOES NOT WORK WITH THE NEWEST SIERRA VERSION OF OSX
Download the ZIP.
Press and hold the control key while clicking on the .zip file. Then choose OPEN from the menu. (This will override the security setting that prevents a 3rd party non-apple program from being installed.)
Click on the MatchMaker app, the first time you do this is somewhat slow. All subsequent times will be fast.
Drag the MatchMaker application into your Application Folder.
- Known issues for the MAC version of MatchMaker do not affect the main functions of the program, but here are some differences from Version 2.2 for PC. We will be able to solve some of them.
- Options -> Show Glossary Hyperlinks does not work - we recommend you turn it off for faster performance.
- When using Options -> Allow Multiple Illustrations, new illustrations will not always be opened as a topmost window, but may be hidden behind the application.
- When clicking on a menu item, the sub-menus will not be greyed or un-greyed correctly until you move the mouse over them to see if they are actually available.
- Range does not work - you will always see a solid red map.
- List -> Browse All Illustrations does not work.
- When you reduce the size of the images (unnecessary), some colour corruption occurs.
- The Quiz appears to have a name of "wine" in the status bar at the top of the screen.
If you wish to receive notification of free updates in future,
contact Ian Gibson by e-mail.
This is a large file of almost 900 MB. Downloading could take as little as 20 minutes, but it may take more than an hour, even with high speed access.
RESTRICTIONS: If you wish, MatchMaker22Mac.exe may be given to others as long as all of the following information is transmitted and you do not charge for the program. The copyright for the illustrations is held by the photographers and the images may not be used for other purposes without their permission. The program and descriptions may not be used for any other purpose without the permission of Ian Gibson. The program is not designed to determine edibility of mushrooms and it should not be used for that purpose.
To receive notification of free updates,
or to send questions or corrections,
contact Ian Gibson
67 Linden Ave.,
Victoria BC V8V 4C9
Back to Main page
Eli Gibson designed the background image.
which is a collage of photographs by
Michael Beug, Cy and Mary Hampson, Boleslaw Kuznik,
Michael Wood (MykoWeb), Richard Winder, and Eileen Seto.